CBHUK was appointed secretariat to the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hajj & Umrah at its inaugural meeting on 7th March 2018 and which includes the provision of administrative and financial support.
Some key facts about the Secretariat:
- CBHUK was set up in 2006 as is a registered charity with the Charity Commission for England & Wales (No. 1146323).Some key achievements of CBHUK and activities to date:
- Innovators in community-based Travel Vaccination Clinics & Travel Health & Safety Promotion. This lead to many pharmacies and GP’s dropping the price of vaccines for pilgrims making the vaccine affordable and accessible.
- Over 100+ Volunteers (Medics and Non-Medics)
- Lead charity working with the Police to tackle Hajj Travel Fraud
- Representing the British Muslim Community on National and International Media (BBC, ITV, SKY, Arab News, Saudi Gazette, Islam Channel).
- CBHUK “The Journey So Far” – 10th Anniversary Report: https://goo.gl/K9RSQX
- CBHUK 2017 Annual Report: https://goo.gl/Wu6hAz
- CBHUK is the first UK organisation to initiate a Hajj Debrief in Parliament bringing together key stakeholders and Government departments. The third debrief in November 2017 took place in the UK Houses of Parliament. You can see the outcome here https://youtu.be/SZGhaqivZZk
- In November 2017, the CBHUK continued to set the benchmark in the Hajj and Umrah industry with the first ‘Hajj and Umrah Awards Gala Dinner’. You can see the outcome here https://youtu.be/hVo8QIDy4So
- CBHUK was recognised at the British Muslim Awards as the Best Community Organisation 2018 https://www.facebook.com/BritishMuslimAwards/.
- CBHUK was recognised at the British Muslim Awards 2019 for the Social Inclusion Group of the Year
- CBHUK was honored at the British Muslim Awards 2020 and ‘Highly Commended’ Community Pioneers of the Year
For more information on the Secretariat visit www.cbhuk.org (All web links were accessed 5.3.19).
APPG Hajj & Umrah
C/o The Secretariat,
346B St Helens Road,
Bolton. BL3 3RR
Tel: 0845 833 4145