The APPG on Hajj & Umrah and all the people its serves rely on the generosity and support of its members, donors and well wishers. We are therefore committed to being transparent about why we request your personal details and how we use your information in order to carry out our duties.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
- How is the information collected used?
- What if I don’t want to receive cookies?
- How we protect your privacy on online community?
- External Links of our website?
- What kind of information will I receive?
- Why am I receiving information from APPG on Hajj & Umrah?
- Are my web journeys being monitored?
- How can I access and update my personal information?
As a general rule, the APPG on Hajj & Umrah will not disclose any of your personal identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
The first time you get in touch with us;- when you sign up for email updates, register for an event or make a donation – we collect your personal information depending on the type of communication or transaction you choose. The information collected includes but not limited to, your full name, postal address, postcode, telephone number, organisation name (if applicable), e-mail address.
How is the information collected used?
APPG on Hajj & Umrah uses your information as explained below unless you have specially notified us not to.
- We use your personal details to inform you about our work and services as per your request.
- We may also use your information for administrative purposes which include updating you about any changes to our group, services or policies and creating a profile of your interests and preferences.
- Upon your consent, we may also use your information to send you communications about our work, events, campaigns and related activities.
- We may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
- We may on occasion work with third parties to contact our members about the APPG on Hajj & Umrah; however third parties will be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using your information for any other purpose than described on this policy.
- We will never sell your details to any third parties. However, please be advised when using our secure online registration, payment transaction or donation pages you will be redirected to industry trusted third party websites enabling you to make secure event registrations via Eventbrite.
We use the following methods to get your consent:
- Giving us your permission by: Opting in by ticking a tick box on a paper consent form and/or by ticking a box on an electronic form
- email consent via submitting a form; or consent obtained when subscribing to a service.
In the event of collecting your sensitive personal information, we will ensure you are fully made aware as to why we are collecting the data and what the intended use are. We will, of course, rely on your explicit consent before any collection of data takes place. All uses of information are described in this policy and we won’t use it for any other purpose than described.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer’s hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
What if I don’t want to receive cookies?
How we protect your privacy on online community?
When you give us your personal details that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
External Links of our website?
The APPG on Hajj & Umrah website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
How can I unsubscribe from the Email Newsletter?
You have the right to opt-out / unsubscribe from our newsletters and SMS at any time, should you want to please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to the Secretariat at: CBHUK, Commerce House, 346B St Helens Road, Bolton. BL3 3RR with the details.
Why am I receiving information from the APPG on Hajj & Umrah?
You will receive information from us if in the past, you have met us, attended our events, opted in to receive our newsletter or gave us your business card.
Are my web journeys being monitored?
Yes. We monitor our webpage users’ journeys via Google analytics. We do so to improve our online services and to provide best and effective online assistance for our users. The webpage users remain anonymous throughout our monitoring activities and analysis.
How can I access and update my personal information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to the APPG on Hajj & Umrah. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that the APPG Hajj & Umrah retains about you. In the meantime, please inform us if your details are inaccurate by emailing us at email@example.com, or write to the Secretariat at: CBHUK, Commerce House, 346B St Helens Road, Bolton. BL3 3RR with the details. A small admin fee will be payable to access the information we have about you.
This Policy was last updated on 24.05.2018